Are you a nurturing HR professional who is able to reinforce the culture and values of our organisation, whilst building strong supportive relationships within the team? Are you interested in becoming part of a growing Christian Ministry?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, CIPD qualified HR generalist to provide HR support and guidance to Senior Team and People Committee.
You will be joining a registered Christian charity based in Oxford, with a collaborative working culture and welcoming atmosphere. We are a small, dynamic team going through an exciting period of transformation and development.
We are looking for a candidate who would be able to demonstrate that they are able to achieve the following outcomes:
- Strong emotional intelligence to establish relationships with staff across the organisation and making decisions in line with the ethos of the organisation.
- Becomes a trusted member of the People Committee, providing guidance on all HR related issues. Able to quickly build relationships and be valued by the senior and strategic leadership teams.
- Management of the organisation’s of Safeguarding responsibilities, to ensure it is always providing a safe environment for young people and vulnerable adults.
- Oversight of policies and procedures – working closely with legal advisory services to maintain strong policies that are reviewed regularly to make sure that we are legally compliant.
- Can build and develop the staff appraisal and 360-degree review process, to encourage employee development and a positive organisational environment.
Some of the skills, qualifications and competencies that we are looking for are outlined below:
- Of graduate calibre and CIPD qualified to membership level 7 or working towards it.
- Experience in generalist HR practice
- Outstanding communication skills
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Shows love and care for people
- Able to develop people
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and honesty
- Calm under pressure
- Joy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and creative
- Works well in a team
- Innovative & organised
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: as a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian with a mature faith and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of OCCA. You will also need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK as part of the application process. We encourage applications from all diversities and backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability, details about what your Christian faith means to you, and a motivation for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Oxford (Office-based)
Team: Operations Team
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Grade 6 – starting salary £34,475 – £38,475 (FTE) (depending on experience)
Hours: 22.5 – 30 hours per week
Closing date: 16th April, 2023. Applications will be considered as they are submitted, and we reserve the right to close the application stage once a suitable candidate is selected.
OCCA is an accredited Living Wage and Oxford Living Wage Employer