We have an exciting opportunity for an Email Marketing Specialist to join our team. You’ll play a critical role in creating email journeys, segmenting subscriber lists and crafting compelling and effective email marketing campaigns to engage and inform OCCA’s audience.
The role will sit in the communications and development team and will include marketing events and courses for REBOOT, OCCA’s youth apologetics project.
You’ll have a proven track record in communications and marketing, in particular digital marketing. You’ll be a compelling written communicator and have well-developed project management skills. You’ll be creative and have an understanding of the non-profit sector, as well as what motivates people to give, and be able to use this to engage our supporters.
Email Campaign Strategy:
- Develop and implement email marketing strategies in alignment with OCCA’s strategic goals.
- Define target audience segments and tailor messaging to each segment.
- Create a content calendar to plan and schedule email campaigns.
- Write and design email content, including subject lines, body copy, and visuals.
- Ensure email content is engaging, relevant, and aligned with brand guidelines.
- Content includes I) marketing courses and events, ii) prayer emails, iii) newsletters, iv) donor-facing emails, v) campaigns.
- Manage and segment email subscriber lists.
- Implement best practices to maintain data accuracy and compliance with regulations (e.g., GDPR).
Automation and Personalisation:
- Create personalized email experiences and supporter journeys
- Develop automated email workflows for welcoming new sign-ups and for retention
- Set up and analyse A/B tests to optimize email performance, including open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates.
- Use test results to make data-driven improvements.
Analytics and Reporting:
- Monitor and report on the performance of email campaigns using email marketing metrics (e.g., open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates).
- Analyse results and provide insights for continuous improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with email marketing regulations and ensure all campaigns comply with relevant laws.
- Manage unsubscribe requests and maintain opt-in and opt-out lists.
- Collaborate with the comms and development team to ensure consistent branding and messaging.
- Coordinate with other marketing channels, such as social media, for a cohesive marketing strategy.
- Work across the wider OCCA team to source information for email campaigns and ensure key priorities are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Proven experience in email marketing, preferably in a similar role.
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Civi, Mailchimp).
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools and CRM systems.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices, including list management and segmentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Creative thinking and an excellent eye for detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Please note: Due to our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage applications from all diversities and backgrounds. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practising Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of OCCA.
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability, details about what your Christian faith means to you, and a motivation for the role, to email@example.com
Salary: circa £33,133 (FTE) per annum pro-rata plus benefits (dependent on experience)
Hours: 18-22.5 hours per week (hours can be flexible within this range)
Location: hybrid (work from home + our office in Oxford). Remote candidates will be considered but will be required to come to our Oxford office twice a month for team meetings.
Apply by: Applications will be considered as they are submitted, and we reserve the right to close the application stage once a suitable candidate is selected.