We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team. The role is to help assist the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy, so that our team can continue to clearly communicate the Christian gospel.
We are a registered Christian charity based in Oxford, with a collaborative working culture and welcoming atmosphere. You will join a small, dynamic team during an exciting period of transformation and development.
As a successful applicant you will report to our Director of Development and will be responsible for growing and developing our General Supporter Base, including managing ministry relationships with new partners. You will work alongside our marketing team to build a communications plan for supporters as well as having responsibility for outlining a plan for church and ministry partner engagement.
You will have oversight of the Civi CRM supporter database, where you will manage supporter data, as well as being responsible for generating monthly fundraising reports, and compiling other reports and mailing lists where required.
The skills, qualifications and competencies that we are looking for are outlined below:
- Degree level academic qualification or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience in relational management and managing organisation supporters
- Prior knowledge and experience of CiviCRM relationship management software (highly desirable)
- Can take direction but equally willing to take initiative
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Flexible attitude (including some weekend work and around 30 day’s travel in the UK)
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic budgeting and accounting principles and practices
- Demonstrated IT knowledge, including experience of Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and experience in the charity sector (highly desirable)
- Highly organized
- Works with discretion
- Integrity and honesty
As a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian with a mature faith and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the statement of faith and values, as well as the mission, principles and practices of the charity.
You will also need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK as part of the application process.
Job description: Download
Salary: circa £40k per annum pro-rata plus benefits (dependent on experience)
Hours: 18.75 hours per week
Apply by: 16 January 2022
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advertisement early should sufficient applications be received before the closing date.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability, details about what your Christian faith means to you, and a motivation for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org